EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
NEW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on application link above.
2. Mail or bring a copy of you DD214 or Discharge Paperwork, to American Legion Post 297, 205 N. Washington, Union MO 63084. Applications are also available at the Post. To request a copy of your DD214, click on this link.
3. Once your application is approved, you will be contacted to collect dues and to provide your membership card.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form
2. Copy of DD214 or Discharge
3. Copy of Membership Card
4. Membership dues payment if current year dues are not paid.
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.